JOB DESCRIPTION FOR GREATER LONDON CRADLES LTD
TITLE: EXPERIENCED CRADLE RIGGER
REPORTS TO: The Foreman and Steve and Adam MacCarthy (Company Directors)
BASED AT: GREATER LONDON CRADLES LTD, Greenford, London
JOB PURPOSE: As an experienced rigger on temporary suspended access cradles, you are required to erect/dismantle/shift cradles on site as part of a team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To be part of a motivated project/site team, respecting customers and fellow GLC employees.
- Understanding and co-operating in all Health and Safety matters on site. Ensuring that safety is the number one priority.
- Support fellow members of your team – the supervisor, foreman, chargehand and customer in managing the cradle erection/dismantling/shifting process.
- Problem solving, improvising and using own initiative.
- Making sure your timekeeping and punctuality are kept to a high standard.
- PPE/Hand Tools/Tool Boxes are kept in good working order. Regular checks made and your supervisor told of any issues arising from these checks.
- Passing your knowledge of cradles on to others in the team (e.g. labourers).
- Loading and unloading equipment and driving the van to and from site.
- Keeping the van you are responsible for (driving) in good upkeep, inside and out, diesel in tank, air in tyres, etc.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing Operations and Rigging (Construction) OR
CSCS Accreditation A or B
- Experience in driving a 3.5-ton van
- Good level of fitness
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY:
- An 8-hour day from Monday to Friday generally working in the London area from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm (hours may vary at management’s discretion). 40-hour week plus overtime paid and some weekends required at a higher pay rate.
- From £120 -160 per day depending on skills and experience.
- Relevant training courses paid for, pension scheme and holiday pay.